Saturday, May 10, 2008

Oregon


Nathaniel Carlson and his fiancee Leann.

Eric (left) was my roommate my senior year at Barclay. He just graduated a couple days ago! Next to him is his girlfriend, Michelle. Jeremiah Williams is to my right. Now a student at Barclay, I led his Junior High small group when he was in 7th grade at Haviland Friends!

Josh Walworth (left) was my main running partner in college and still is a good friend. Eric (right).

Silver Falls near Silverton, OR.

Coming to Oregon is such a treat and now a tradition for me. Here are my highlights:
-This is my fourth consecutive May trip (sixth in four years).
-I love Tillamook (cows, Cheese factory, beef jerky, lots of green everything)!
-While the locals don't seem to like cold, rainy, windy, and cloudy 50 degree days like today, I like it because it "just seems" appropriate to me for the NW.
-It's always fun to be with such good friends like Josh & Marcy.
-This year we were able to go to Silver Falls (the largest state park in Oregon) and see several great waterfalls.
-Another special thing this year was to get to see the Barclay College choir (they put on a fabulous concert) on tour here in Oregon at Silverton Friends Church last night. They came to Tillamook today to visit the Cheese factory and also to visit Rockaway Beach and Twin Rocks Camp. It was fun to catch up with several Barclay friends.