Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Patriots Run (Olathe, KS)


Linda came with us on our two and 1/2 hour road trip to Olathe!


Adam ran the whole time - 9 hours and 11 minutes! (It was a 9/11 commemorative run.) He only sat down once for about 60 seconds! The course was exactly a 1 mile loop and we wore timing chips that counted our laps.



I ran a half-marathon in 2:31 which was my longest continuous run yet!


But then, after a big lunch and nap, I decided to start walking again! I walked 9 miles and then ran another five for a total of 27 miles!


Adam officially got second place, running 53 miles in 9 hours and 8 minutes! He nearly tied for first place. The first place guy also ran 53 miles but finished in 9 hours and 6 minutes. So close!


At the finish line - 27 for me, 53 for Adam!


Maybe just a little tired, but worth it! This was truly an outstanding accomplishment! He beat his best 50 mile time by an hour and twenty minutes!


Oh, and this was so cool! I met a girl who went to George Fox all the way out here in Kansas! Angie (and her great neighbor, Therese) were my inspiration to finish 27 miles!