Monday, April 2, 2012

Brew to Brew 2012

The 44 mile Brew to Brew race from Kansas City, MO to Lawrence, KS can be added to my list of ultras successfully completed. Considering all the circumstances regarding the day the result was a pretty good success and I am very well pleased with it. I finished in 8 hours and 42 minutes. Could I have finished a little bit faster? Probably. Do I want to try again some year and finish faster? Sure!

The forecast was for record high temps of 90 degrees on April 1st. It hit that, at least, I would say and there wasn't any clouds most of the day. I drank at least two bottles an hour during the hottest part of the day. I don't think I got dehydrated but the heat took it's toll with about 10 miles to go and I lost my drive to push hard and kind of wimped out and slow down. My legs were pretty trashed but not in an out of the ordainairy way or anything. It was a great first ultra of the month and one I would love to do again since it's mostly roads and gravel roads with some short "other" sections".

Official results: https://enter2run.com/results/default.aspx?event=11323&r=2218.
I have fun running with my friends from Lawrence and KC areas as made a few new friends along the way! Time to heal up for Rockin' K 50 this Saturday.