Friday, December 7, 2007

At Least Somebody Had A Camera

To view two pictures from Saturday's St. Jude Marathon in Memphis, follow this link.
http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?27661684
The first picture it shows is just after crossing the finish line. Yeah...the grimmace on my face. Well, I guess you could say "it hurt so good"! I was glad to be done but my head was spinning for a while after the race. Remember that the clock time it shows was "gun time" and my actual time was measured from the time I crossed the start line to the time I crossed the finish line...officially 3:40:09. It took about three minutes to get to the start line.
The second picture, I believe, was captured right around the end of mile 26. The last .2 (1/5 of a mile), which sure seemed like a long ways, was all I had left to go (just running one block into the baseball stadium and around the warning track to a third base finish. Autozone Park fields the AAA team for the St. Louis Cardinals, I think. This picture reminds me how fast it felt like I ran in this race. I probably passed 300 people in the last 5 miles.
Now 2007 can rest...