Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two of My Favorite Prayers Ever

"Abba, I surrender my will and my life to you today, without reservation and with humble confidence, for you are a very loving Father. Set me free from self-consciousness, from anxiety about tomororrow, and from the tyranny of approval and disapproval from others, that I might find joy and delight simply and solely in pleasing you. May my inner freedom be a compelling sign of your presence, your peace, your power, and your love. Let your plan for my life and the lives of all your children gracefully unfold one day at a time. I love you with all my heart, and I place all my confidence in you, for you are my Abba." - Brennan Manning

"I abandon myself into Your hands. Do with me what You will. Whatever You do, I thank You. I want to be ready for all. Let Your will be done in me.
Into Your hands I commend my spirit. I offer it to You with all the love of my heart. For I love You Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself without reserve and with boundless confidence, for You are my Father." - Charles de Foucauld