Thursday, October 15, 2009

Adding Extra Years To Your Life!

My good friend Jesse Penna doesn't have a Facebook. I know, imagine that, he really doesn't have a facebook page or even a blog! Go figure! Anyway, from time to time he sends me or tells me something that he would say or write as a status or post, if he had a "myface, spacebook, facespace, or whatever they call it".

So, posting for the world to see, sometimes remaining anonymous, but not this time, Jesse Penna (and I add my own commentary saying, Good Words, Jesse!):

The following quote found on my coffee cup would be cited on my facepage:

"Americans spend an average of 29 hours a week watching television - which means in a typical life span we devote 13 uninterrupted years to our TV sets! The biggest problem with mass media isn't low quality - it's high quantity. Cutting down just an hour a day would provide extra years of life - for music and family, exercise and reading, conversation and coffee."

Obviously, I would advocate cutting out not just one hour per week, but the whole 29 hours...This quote is hard to swallow - to realize how much of life people are wasting watching TV! However, there is a bit of hope to realize the life that could be lived if persons shut off the tv and enjoyed "extra years of life"! - Jesse