Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eisenhower Marathon 2010

Saturday, April 10th I ran the Eisenhower Marathon in Abilene, KS. Kind of on a last second whim after some plans changed, I got registered. Planning to run something under 4 hours for the day, I showed up feeling good and ended up running a 3:29:58, my marathon PR! I ended up running the whole course with Scott Hill, from Wichita, fellow ultrarunner dude. Scott helped me a ton to not only PR but also break 3:30! I finished 25th out of 176 finishers and 3rd in my age division, males 25-29.

It was a pretty exciting and surprising day and a great confidence booster!

Results posted:
http://eisenhowermarathon.com/race_placements/2010/marathon_results_2010.html

I must admit that this got me re-thinking about Boston and calculating qualifying times in my spare time! But we'll see...still would have over 19 minutes to take off my total time - wow!