Thursday, November 15, 2007

Last Week

Last week I went to Haviland to visit Barclay College and to present some announcements about Project Recruit in chapel and also have some informal meetings with a couple students. (My best "meeting" was an 8-mile run with Eric, who was my roommate my senior year, and this is now his senior year and is preparing for church ministry after graduatinon in May. Scary!)

Anyway, it was a treat to get to hear Dave Williams (live!) in Chapel.

I wanted to recommend the link again, to hear Dave speak. His message was a great, clear, encouraging, affirming and exciting presentation of the good news about identity in and relationship to God through Christ. (Dave also referred to several of my favorite things like the Oregon Coast and the Haviland countryside in his message. Dave is currently getting his D.Min. at George Fox and was fresh off a 2-week visit up there for class. He showed a presentation of a bunch of pictures at the beginning of the message.) Bare with the first 5 - 10 minutes to get to the heart of the message - for which I was so encouraged and am thankful.

Click on November 6th "Listen Now!"
http://barclaycollege.edu/Students/chapel.asp