Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Favorite Spanish Songs

I have so many favorite worship songs in Spanish. Here are a couple of them, and their rough english translation. I think they are all available online.

YO QUIERO MAS DE TI

Yo, quiero más de ti I want more of you
Y habitar en tu presencia And to be in your presence
Menguar para que crezcas tu, To be less so that you can grow in me
y cada día seré and everyday I will be
mas como tu. more like you

Quebranta mi corazón. Break my heart
Quebranta mi vida Break my life
Te entrego mi voluntad a ti. I give up my will to you
Todo lo que soy señor All that I am Lord
todo cuanto tengo es tuyo All that I have is yours
Yo quiero menguar para que crezcas tu. I want to be less, so you can grow in me

CON MIS MANOS

Con mis manos levantadas hacia el cielo With my hands raised like this to heaven
Me presento ante ti hoy mi señor I present myself before you today my Lord
Para recibir de ti la fuerza y el poder To receive from you the strength and the power
Para vivir junto a ti To live united with you
Llenas hoy mi corazón con tu presencia Now fill my heart with your presence
Llenas de alegría y paz todo mi ser Fill my whole being with joy and peace
De cualquier necesidad tu me responderás And whatever need I have your will answer
Por que me amas, me amas Because you love me, you love me

CUANDO LEVANTO MIS MANOS

Levanto mis manos aunque no tenga fuerzas. I lift up my hands even though I don't have the strength
Levanto mis manos aunque tenga mil problemas. I lift up my hands even though I have a thousand problems

Cuando levanto mis manos When I lift up my hands
comienzo a sentir I begin to feel
una unción que me hace cantar. an anointing that makes me sing
Cuando levanto mis manos When I lift up my hands
comienzo a sentir el fuego. I begin to feel a fire
Cuando levanto mis manos mis cargas se van, When I lift up my hands my troubles go away
nuevas fuerzas Tú me das. you give me new strength
Todo eso es posible, everything is possible
todo eso es posible, everything is possible
cuando levanto mis manos when I lift up my hands