Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Superbowl Sunday Run

I ran a simple 4-miler on Sunday afternoon, the Superbowl Run at a downtown Wichita park. I finished 32nd out of 149 runners. I warmed up for 2 miles before the race and ran 2 miles afterwards to cool off. What a good day of running!

For proof of such craziness (there was snow on the ground but the temperature was pleasant so that I ran in short-sleeve shirt and shorts on the first Sunday in February!), the results are posted here: http://runwichita.org/siteadmin/raceresults_file/169.pdf.

We did have a fun church Superbowl party Sunday evening but when people asked me who I was routing for, I asked "Who's playing?" and then said, uh, "Go Chiefs!"

The most interesting part of the night, other than the last five minutes of the game which were thrilling, was our group's rendition of "Rock Band" after the game, a new video game type thing where a big group of people perform well-know music karoke style (voice, drums, bass, electric, etc.) all following the guided steps on the screen. It was suprisingly fun and interactive. I sang of course - high pitched and shrill - in my best 80s rock band voice!