Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Don't Ever Do It Again

Funny Quotes From Last Week:

Herb Frazier (Barclay College President):
[Standing on the street corner last Tuesday afternoon, after the Run for Missions. I was standing there with a great grimace yet smile after the day's accomplishments, getting ready to catch my ride home to Wichita. Herb came over to me, gave me a hug and said:]
"I'm so proud of you, Adam, for what you've done with this Run for Missions."
"Wow, thanks so much, Herb!" I said.
"Now don't ever do it again! It just can't be good for your body!"

Allen Smelser (fellow 100+ mile runner for missions):
[Running along with my brother Andrew near mile 60 on Monday evening around 10:00 pm. Allen was courageously and obstinantly running through a lot of pain and discomfort. Then Allen randomly says:]
"You know the funny thing is, Andrew, that in a few days my brain will somehow block out the pain I experienced and I'll end up signing up for another of these things again!"