Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LOVE: The Words and Inspiration of Mother Teresa (Book Review)

I just finished a mini-book that I've been reading for several months, a few pages at a time called "LOVE: The Words and Inspiration of Mother Teresa". Ever since I heard Bill Hybels give an excellent talk on the life and ministry leadership of Mother Teresa a few years back at the Summit, I have been a fan. I really enjoyed this short biography and then pages and pages of her quotes.
The life, faith, and ministry of Mother Teresa of Calcutta continues to be an inspiration to me. My calling and specific passions don't have very much in common with Teresa but I have so, so much to learn from her zeal, faith, perseverance, compassion, obedience, humility and leadership. A few quotes from Teresa:
We learn humility through accepting humiliations cheerfully.
Never let anyone come to you without coming away better and happier.
Everybody should see kindness in your face, in you eyes, in you smile, in your warm greeting.