Friday, January 18, 2008

Summer and Spring

I was thinking yesterday and I've decided that as far as I am concerned there are really only two seasons in Kansas. Summer lasts from April until December. That might sound crazy but it is really warm from April until October and then November and December are kind of just the awkward end of the summer. The second season is Spring. To me, Spring starts the day after the shortest day of the year. The day after the shortest day of the year is not the shortest day of the year and that means that they days are getting longer. Already I am noticing that I have a few more minutes of daylight after work to begin my run - still finishing it in the dark. And the drive to work is not so dark as it was even 3 weeks ago. Spring, well, my version of Spring has started and that gives me hope.