Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Ambulance Chasers"

"Ambulance Chasers" - that's the term I learned for those people who try to take advantage of a negative situation, exploiting it for their own personal gain. Since the hailstorm, one month ago today, my house and neighborhood has been literally bombarded with people trying to sell new roofs, car dent repair, and windshield replacement. I've even had more than one person try to knock on my dooor at once. Anyway, every day I come home to at least one if not several door hanger flyers for "the most reliable roof repair" and the mailbox is full of the same stuff. Today, on my way back to the office from lunch, I noticed that on my windshield underneath the wiper (broken from the hailstorm!), was another flyer for "paintless dent repair"! I am ready for the Ambulance Chasers to move on!