Saturday, September 19, 2009

September Garden Update

The garden that we've worked so hard on all year looks great due to lot's of recent rain and cooler fall-like temperatures!
Uh...the vegetable garden is, well...pictured above. I'm not sure what to say about it. Or what to do to it. Not sure what is alive or dead, nor which plant is which? I think I'm going to call it "The Secret Garden", because it's mystery and secret is hidden even from me! I do know that it has produced plenty of cucumbers (but all of the cucumbers in the last month have been yellow when earlier in the summer they were green!?), tomatoes, and corn. I believe there is still in the ground, carrots, red peppers, and a few other miscellaneous yet to be identified items. I am also surprised and intrigued by these blooming red and some blue flowers that have suddenly appeared all over everything! I certainly know what to do differently next year!