Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wichita 1/2 Marathon

Early Sunday morning before the run on the Arkansas City River Bridge

Sunday morning early was Wichita's 1/2 Marathon. It it a race in two ways, the running, then hurrying home to clean up and get to church on time (my earlier Sunday morning duties are shared off to others) - this time I arrived just a few minutes before I had to go on stage to talk! Anyway, the race (with a partly new great course) went well and I started off a little fast 7:30's, and faded a bit between miles 8 and 11 before kicking it into higher gear for a "push" to the finish. I felt as good as I could after a very high mileage week (18 miles Wednesday night and 15 on Saturday, just the day before the 1/2 marathon and 60 total for the 7 day week - with 2 days off!).

I finished 138/1060 finishers with an official time of 1:42:16. Results: http://wichitamarathon.org/JohnstonsHalfMarathon/half09all.txt.