Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2009 Resolves: These Things I Must Do

I've finally learned not to make my Goals/Resolves for the New Year until at least one month into that year! So as I've thought through it all thoroughly and patiently, here's what I have come up with as my 2009 goals/dreams/resolves:

Running Goals
-Run 2 more new states in my 50 state marathon quest
-run my first sub 24 hour 100-miler (and my first 11 hour 50 miler)
-finish Leadville in August!

Spiritual Life Goals
-intentionally practice and cultivate the fruits of the spirit of joy, kindness, and gentleness
-intentionally incorporate and make a reality more and more the truth of John the Baptist's words: "He must become greater, I must become less" and "I am not the Messiah".

Of course, there are other things like paying off a huge sum on my student loans and being the best and most effective servant leader in my church that I've ever been. Indeed, there's so much more in store, much to look forward to, for 2009!