Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh Yeah, Andrew Peterson Concert!

I almost forgot one of highlights of last week - I attended my first Andrew Peterson concert on Thursday night. He is one of my favorite singers/songwriters - especially because of his powerful lyrics that I always feel I can identify with on such a powerful, personal, and refreshing level.

He sang a new song, "All Things New" from his newest album called "Resurrection Letters Vol. 2" that I just love. These words reflect that "now but not yet" reality of the gospel:

Come Broken and Weary, come battered and bruised
my Jesus makes all things new, All things new

Come lost and abandoned, come blown by the wind
He'll bring you back home again, home again

Rise up oh you sleeper awake
The light of the dawn is upon you
Rise up oh you sleeper awake
He makes all things new
All things New

Come frozen with shame, come burning with guilt
my Jesus loves you still, loves you still

The world was good, the world is fallen, the world will be redeemed,
The world was good, the world is fallen, the world will be redeemed

So Hold on to the promise, the stories are true,
My Jesus makes all things new
(The Dawn is upon you)