Friday, February 27, 2009

Celebrating #26: "You Are Special Everyday But Especially Today!"





Friday was my 26th birthday! And, I must admit, perhaps the best birthday ever!

I woke up, opened my most important present and was just very, very happy all day! The coolest and most meaningful book gift ever - EVER! I found a birthday card on my windshield on the way to work. I had a total of like 50 + facebook birthday wishes, phone calls and text messages as birthday well wishes, and then, best of all, a birthday cake all the way from New York! Can you even imagine that? All the way from the most incredible and special person ever in my life, Sarah Angell! The Macy's delivered it to the office and we celebrated! and I was shocked! and I asked a lot of questions! and smiled a lot! and I felt very special! and it made for the best birthday ever! And I am so grateful!

Then Jesse and Brad took me out to Red Robin for supper (where they had all the employees come out and sing a terrible rendition of happy birthday and I was awarded a free dessert!) and then we visited two church related receptions before finally going to Northridge to play ping-pong and I was undefeated the whole night - even skunking Jesse!

Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life." If I weren't born 26 years ago today, I wouldn't be alive!