Sunday, July 22, 2007

Direction

Two things happened at church this morning that are exciting: 1. The pastor says the church is very close to 'finalizing' and 'formalizing' the process of inviting me to serve on their pastoral staff. 2. A family that I know very well asked me if I "knew anybody looking for temporary work" and I said "uh...well maybe" and he said, "well, you want to paint my house?" I said sure. He will pay well and the job will probably take around a month. I am on my way over to his house right now to scope it out. I think I'll even start tomorrow afternoon! Praise be! This is crazy! July 31st is coming soon...I know what I want already - never even questioned it for a second. But I still have a lot of questions that are important to me that we have at least some dialogue about before any period of 'waiting'...and the whole idea of absolutely no communication between us at all (uh...other than the blog that is) seems crazy to me. I guess I'll write all that in in my July 31st letter.

Excited and nervous and humbled and encouraged and with anticipation of great hope,

Adam