Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today's Reflections

1. I really need to get a camera! How can I meet my goal of documenting life and reporting on it if I don't take any pictures of it because I don't have a camera? I am going get one as soon as I can but still it will probably be a while.

2. Today was moving day. Moving days are always interesting days, to say the least, right? I told myself that if the day turned out anything less than a complete utter disaster then I would be content at the end of the day. It started several hours later than planned (circumstances out of my control) and I got home about 6 hours later than anticpated (same story). My help backed out on me and some didn't show up. I am so thankful to have found new help at the last second, my raquetball friend, Korey. I was able to borrow a truck from a church friend and a trailer from the church (I am very grateful for the gift of borrowing). I really thought everything would fit in a trailer and truck - one trip. 6 hours roundtrip. Not even close. I have to go back tomorrow to get the rest - probably 1/4th left. Anyway, I am back home, exhausted, disoriented, but grateful for a good crazy moving day! I guess tomorrow is "moving day" as well!?

3. "Cold Front" - they say a cold front is coming in to Kansas overnight. That means instead of being 98 it will be 90 tommorrow. I think that's hilarious.

4. In the past week like 20 or so of my friends and peers have all opened up a facebook.com account. So have I. So far I've found it to be really fun.

Uh...is this really a blog entry? I guess there's only one person that I hope is reading it anyway...!