Friday, July 27, 2007

It all makes sense now

I was just waiting for all of the puzzle pieces to fall together...they have fallen together in the last 24 hours. This is the rough draft (yet to be confirmed and 'officially' decided upon by me and the churches) of what I am going to be "doing with my life". I am going to be primarily serving on staff at Crossroads as Youth Pastor/Associate Pastor titled not yet clarified. This is volunteer. I am going to be 1/4 time working as Administrative Assistant for Crossroads and 3/4 time working for the Friends Church Mid-America office doing some light administrative work, serving under the Youth Superintendent as an Event Planner and Project Recruit Director. More explanation later but these responsibilities excite me greatly and I will have a full time salary between the two jobs and then will be on staff bi-vocationally but it won't require me working a secular job permanently or at all right now. I am so grateful for that. I am so excited. I will spell all of the details out in a few days once it is finalized and approved and I actually see something in writing.

Right now is Yearly Meeting sessions in Mid-America held here in Wichita. I am also painting everyday too so I am trying to squeeze everything in and today made for a really long day. I attended the Missions Board meeting for 6 hours and then painted for 6 hours and then attended a meeting tonight from 10pm to 12:30am. Whew! Oh yeah, I also squeezed in a 8 mile run earlier too. All in a day's work! Time for bed!
Adam