Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Great Day (finally!)

Church was great. Lunch was great. I got a job. Saw the movie "Hairspray" (excellent, I think!? I am still thinking through some of the moral implications of it all and a lot of my values are changing but my old default criterion for evaluting a movie was "is it thoroughly entertaining?" and I would give Hairspray 5 stars in that category!) Tomorrow morning I will start a month long, at least, job to paint the Hutson's home and it's a big one! They have a list of other projects I could do for them if need be as well. And they will pay generously. I am so excited and relieved and grateful to have work - be it temporary. And the manly side of me is glad to get the opportunity to work in the brutal oppressive heat for the next month and to work with my hands getting used to things like ladders and heights and painting and trips to Home Depot and Lowe's. Didn't use to be my cup of tea, but for some reason, now it is all really enticing and exciting. Go figure!? Anyway, now I am on the way out the door for a 10 mile run - in the dark through the city - I gues there are street lights to show the way. It will be an adventure, as always. And there are 24 hour gas stations to refill in water and gatorade when the 89 degree heat saps my hydration. This day will end on a really positive note. All praise and honor and glory to God!
Good night!
Adam