Saturday, July 21, 2007

Family Reunion Day

Today was family reunion day in Haviland. Like normal, after making initial pleasant greetings to everyone, the generations got together and talked and talked and talked. My grandma's generation talked and talked. My dad's generation talked and talked. And then my generation talked and talked and talked and talked and played ping-pong for short breaks from talking. We talked and ate from noon to four. I left so blessed and excited. I only have 6 cousins and 3 of them were there today. They are my favorite three. One of my cousins is Mennonite. She is Ellie Miller married to Vincent Miller and their boy is named Hans Miller. Very Mennoite! My other counsin is Jessica and she is married to a man from Russia. They have two young boys and have twins on the way next month a boy and a girl. They are some of my favorite family members. After the reunion I made quick drop in visits to two homes in Haviland to visit old friends! I also slipped in a 5-mile run tonight in the dark when I returned home.