Saturday, July 28, 2007

Is Sunday the end of the week or the beginning?

It seems that in Genesis it was the end. But the gospels refer to the resurrection being on the first day of the week and we now celebrate that on a Sunday. I've always thought of it as the end of the week - but the best part!

I am just returning home from my late run through the dark. Today ended our Yearly Meeting sessions and then I went to work painting from 2 to 9 pm.

Let's just say for the past few days I haven't slept very much.

Yearly Meeting was awesome. Our theme was "Reaffirming Our Connections" as we are 71 churches of Mid-America and we really do believe that there is much we can do better together than seperately. I had to give public speeches twice - a testimony about my call to ministry and what I "like about being a part of the Friends Church of Mid-America" and then today a missions promo speech and introduction to some of my missionary friends who were to give a report to the body. The meetings were Spirit-filled and exciting and we all left encouraged and energized and pumped up ready to get to work!

At the beginning of the week I had no clue (other than painting) how God wanted to use me - other than the promise that I know he wanted to and would! Deep down I think I had faith all along that something special was going to happen. While I don't know all of the details yet, I am very excited about joining the Yearly Meeting staff and getting to work ASAP. I think it will take some time, though. We are going to have a meeting this week to discuss job description and title and roles and compensation and confirming whether or not I want it. They are taking no other apps though, pretty much. The job is created with me in mind - which is something very honoring and exciting. The 1/4 administrative position at Crossroads fell through 24 hrs after agreed upon and will be tabled for one month and then possibly brought back up and implemented. I have plenty of work for the time being.

I am anxious about this week and the hopeful correspondence that will take place. I am also excited!

Also, I am so grateful to God today for his grace and love and faithfulness! God really is mighty to save! I feel that he is leading me and guiding my like a shepherd! Praise be!

--Adam Monaghan