Saturday, July 14, 2007

My First Blog Entry Ever

Dictionary.com helped me to arrive at my very own working definition of a 'blog':

"blog": <blog> (noun, verb) an online journal giving a personal chronological log of thoughts and reflections on life publishied on a Web page; reflecting the personality of the author, of course.
Other related words: Web Log, blogged, blogging, blogger, blogosphere

I've never been one to journal much. In fact, the pages are only half filled in the journal I've used since 2003! Nor have I ever been a huge fan of pictures! But for the past few months I've desired to both keep a written record of some of my experiences in life and document them with pictures! This is my attempt at both...!

Here are some questions that are going through my mind as I submit my first blog: Will anybody actually ever read this but me? If not, is that still okay? Do I go retroactive in my record of thoughts and reflections or just forwards?

--Adam Monaghan, a blogger